Cloud Foundry Engineer
Armakuni empower our clients to take ideas to production in weeks, not months. Cloud Foundry is a powerful tool, and our Engineers act as change catalysts, enhancing Cloud Native journeys and helping organisations maximise the value of Cloud Foundry.
Armakuni are evangelists for the potential of Cloud Native and XP, and nothing makes us happier than seeing the technical and commercial benefits they can bring fully achieved. We empower our clients to focus on value and take ideas to production in weeks, not months, enabling development teams to fully harness Cloud Native and as-a-service enablers. Our community of Consultants and Engineers are experts in transferring the knowledge and skills that lead to faster, more efficient development cycles run with less risk and lower costs.
We seamlessly integrate XP and TDD, alongside enterprise-grade, multi-cloud tooling such as Cloud Foundry to power continuous delivery pipelines. This fundamentally improves the way teams interact to build, deploy and run software; accelerating development velocity and reducing feedback cycles.
What we enjoy:
- Utilising our knowledge of Cloud Foundry to ensure this powerful tool is fully utilised and delivering maximum value.
- Delivering world-class Cloud Foundry based PaaS environments
- Crafting elegant micro-service products to be used at extreme scale
- Pair Programming in a collaborative, open-plan environment (with table tennis!)
- Utilising TDD to deliver the highest calibre of code
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong and fix it, and what we’re doing right to improve on it.
- Enable engineers to own the services they develop and affect change directly
A Cloud Foundry Engineer at Armakuni will typically:
- Represent Armakuni and be able to communicate our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
- Deliver world-class PaaS (Cloud Foundry) microservice architectures using cloud native, PaaS and CI/CD environments
- Mentor client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes
- Run and participate in workshops (inceptions) and stand-ups
- Drive adoption of cloud native practices through whatever method is practical given the obstacles encountered
What does good look like?
First and foremost you have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures. With a background in either software development or DevOps/SysAdmin, you are adept at leveraging Cloud Foundry in Platform-as-a-Service and everything-as-code environments, ensuring it is fully utilised to deliver maximum value.
From a technical perspective those who enjoy a successful career as a Cloud Foundry Engineer with Armakuni typically have a selection of the following:
- Strong working knowledge of deploying Cloud Foundry; either Open Source or PCF
- Exposure to a range of automation technologies such as CI/CD (Concourse etc.), BOSH and Terraform
- Experience deploying to cloud environments (eg. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku)
- Comfortable working with Linux and BASH, bonus points for knowledge of networking
- Experience within Agile TDD/BDD or Test First development environments
- Strong communication skills - everyone at Armakuni is client-facing
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Willingness to travel to client sites both nationally and internationally as needed
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community; a team of like-minded experts in sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- Great community vibe; whether out on-site or at our Shoreditch HQ we all keep in touch and share ideas
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday