We have a unique opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to introduce and evangelise DevOps best practice to ensure our clients fully leverage technology for enhanced business value.
Best practice. What does this actually mean? What’s “best” for one company doesn’t always work for others, right? Well, not quite. Research has shown that there are certain practices that lead to happier, more productive development teams and environments, and it’s these that we are positively evangelistic about here at Armakuni.
Our focus is on enabling the flow of value through organisations, through a focus on the technology practice. Looking inwards, at a technical level, we do this by combining the practices of Software Craftsmanship, Agile/Lean, DevOps, Cloud Native architectures and infrastructures to create high quality, high velocity, sustainable engineering teams. Looking outwards, at the wider organisation, we interface with the wider business touchpoints for technology, finding the cross-organisational blockers to flow and driving technology driven solutions.
What we enjoy:
- Development and delivery of world-class PaaS and Automation solutions, utilising tools such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, PKS and Concourse to power continuous integration/delivery pipelines
- Sharing our knowledge of cutting edge tech stacks with clients and colleagues alike to ensure the long-term benefits of cloud platforms are fully leveraged
- Delivering training that ensures our legacy of efficiency and stability remains long after we do
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it
What does good look like?
First and foremost you will have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures. With a background in either Software Development or DevOps/SysAdmin, you fully appreciate concepts such as Platform-as-a-Service and everything-as-code and utilising them to deliver enhanced value.
From a technical perspective we find those who enjoy a successful career as a DevOps Engineer with Armakuni typically have a selection of the following:
- The mindset of an Engineer and hands on coding/development experience; the platform is a key part of the everything-as-code ethos
- Experience of environments where software is deployed to cloud environments (eg. AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, BOSH)
- Linux and BASH skills, bonus points knowledge of networking
- Experience with Agile TDD/BDD or Test First development environments
- Exposure to automation technologies such as CI/CD (Concourse etc.), BOSH and Terraform
- Strong communication skills - everyone at Armakuni is client-facing
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Willingness to travel to client sites both nationally and internationally as needed
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community; a team of like-minded experts in sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- Opportunities to learn and use a range of bleeding-edge technologies
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Great community vibe; whether out on-site or at our Shoreditch HQ we all keep in touch and share ideas
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday