Armakuni empower our clients to take ideas to production in weeks, not months. Our DevOps Engineers act as change catalysts, accelerating Cloud Native journeys and enabling teams to maximise the value of concepts such as Platform-as-a-Service and everything-as-code.
Armakuni are evangelists for the potential of Cloud Native and XP, and nothing makes us happier than seeing the technical and commercial benefits they can bring fully achieved. We empower our clients to focus on value and take ideas to production in weeks, not months. We enable development teams to fully harness Cloud Native and as-a-service enablers, transferring the knowledge and skills that lead to faster, more efficient development cycles run with less risk and lower costs.
Our Engineerss manage the transformation which comes with PaaS and Cloud Native adoption; seamlessly integrating enterprise-grade, multi-cloud tooling such as Cloud Foundry, PKS and Concourse to power continuous integration/delivery pipelines. This fundamentally improves the way teams build, deploy and run software, accelerating development velocity and reducing feedback cycles.
What we enjoy:
- Implementing world-class PaaS solutions with the same approach as we would software, utilising TDD, CI/CD and Everything-As-Code
- Delving into the source-code of platforms to evolve, optimise and repair as required
- Sharing our knowledge of cutting edge tech stacks with clients and colleagues alike to ensure the long-term benefits of cloud platforms are fully leveraged
- Delivering training that ensures our legacy of efficiency and stability remains long after we do
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
A DevOps Engineer at Armakuni will typically:
- Deliver and support world-class PaaS solutions composed of best-of-breed cloud native and CI/CD tools such as Cloud Foundry, PKS and Concourse
- Mentor client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes
- Run and participate in workshops (inceptions) and stand-ups
- Drive adoption of cloud native practices through whatever method is practical given the obstacles encountered
- Represent Armakuni and be able to communicate our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
What does good look like?
First and foremost you will have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures. With a background in either software development or DevOps/SysAdmin, you fully appreciate concepts such as Platform-as-a-Service and everything-as-code and utilising them to deliver enhanced value.
From a technical perspective we find those who enjoy a successful career as a Platform Engineer with Armakuni typically have a selection of the following:
- The mindset of an Engineer; the platform is a key part of the everything-as-code ethos
- Experience of environments where software is deployed to cloud environments (eg. AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, BOSH)
- Linux and BASH skills, bonus points knowledge of networking
- Experience with Agile TDD/BDD or Test First development environments
- Exposure to automation technologies such as CI/CD (Concourse etc.), BOSH and Terraform
- Strong communication skills - everyone at Armakuni is client-facing
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Willingness to travel to client sites both nationally and internationally as needed
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community; a team of like-minded experts in sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- Opportunities to learn and use a range of bleeding-edge technologies
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Great community vibe; whether out on-site or at our Shoreditch HQ we all keep in touch and share ideas
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday