Principal Consultant (Lean/XP/Cloud Native)
Armakuni is a technical consultancy driven by agile approaches and led by practitioners and craftspeople. Our engagements are technology-driven, and crucially underpinned by the Principal Consultant’s ability to resolve complex technical and process-oriented problems which arise from large-scale agile transformations.
Armakuni are evangelists for the potential of Cloud Native and XP, and nothing makes us happier than seeing the technical and commercial benefits they can bring fully achieved. We empower our clients to focus on value and take ideas to production in weeks, not months. We enable development teams to fully harness Cloud Native and as-a-service enablers, transferring the knowledge and skills that lead to faster, more efficient development cycles run with less risk and lower costs.
What we enjoy:
- Delivering a range of agile-based solutions aimed at optimising and leveraging Cloud Native methodologies for enhanced value.
- Guiding and assisting organisations through the introduction of agile practices and the accompanying transformation process.
- Mentor client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes to help leverage Cloud Native tools and methodologies.
- Delivering hands-on training that ensures our legacy remains long after we do.
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
A day in the life:
Your primary responsibility will be ownership of all technical elements of client engagements, including but not limited to:
- Guiding client organisations through the adoption of Cloud Native and XP development practices.
- Management of onsite Armakuni Consultants and Engineers whilst they deliver hands-on training and guidance to client teams.
- Mentoring both Armakuni and client teams in The AK Way - our opinionated approach to the agile process combined with practices and tools which ensure an increased rate of innovation and value.
- Serving as a technical counterpart to a commercially-orientated Client Engagement Lead
What does good look like?
You may currently be a Development Manager who has introduced teams to agile-based methodologies such as lean or kanban, or possibly even an Agile Coach with a technical background; either way you will have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures.
Those who enjoy a successful career as a Principal Consultant with Armakuni typically have a selection of the following:
- A technical background; although you may not have coded in anger recently, you will have a technical understanding of Cloud Native tools and methodologies such as Continuous Deployment and microservice architectures and an appreciation of the value they offer.
- Strong understanding of agile practices, processes and artifacts; you will be an advocate of the wider value practices such as MVP, XP, Pair Programming, BDD and TDD can bring to the development process
- The ability to coach organisations through transformations which often dramatically impact the ways in which they produce software
- A genuine passion for forging strong relationships with both external client stakeholders and internal colleagues of all levels.
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community with learning and personal growth at the heart of what we do; a team of like-minded experts sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- The chance to take ownership of your career within a rapidly evolving organisation; forge your own path!
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday