Cloud Foundry Engineer
Armakuni empower our clients to take ideas to production in weeks, not months. Cloud Foundry is a powerful tool, and our Engineers act as change catalysts, enhancing Cloud Native journeys and helping organisations maximise the value of Cloud Foundry.
Best practice. What does this actually mean? What’s “best” for one company doesn’t always work for others, right? Well, not quite. Research has shown that there are certain practices that lead to happier, more productive development teams and environments, and it’s these that we are positively evangelistic about here at Armakuni.
We seamlessly integrate XP and TDD, alongside enterprise-grade, multi-cloud tooling such as Cloud Foundry to power continuous delivery pipelines. This fundamentally improves the way teams interact to build, deploy and run software; accelerating development velocity and reducing feedback cycles.
What we enjoy:
- Utilising our knowledge of Cloud Foundry to ensure this powerful tool is fully utilised and delivering maximum value.
- Delivering world-class Cloud Foundry based PaaS environments
- Crafting elegant micro-service products to be used at extreme scale
- Pair Programming in a collaborative, open-plan environment (with table tennis!)
- Utilising TDD to deliver the highest calibre of code
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong and fix it, and what we’re doing right to improve on it.
- Enable engineers to own the services they develop and affect change directly
A Cloud Foundry Engineer at Armakuni will typically:
- Develop and deliver world-class PaaS (Cloud Foundry) microservice architectures using cloud native, PaaS and CI/CD environments
- Mentor client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes
- Run and participate in workshops (inceptions) and stand-ups
- Drive adoption of cloud native practices through whatever method is practical given the obstacles encountered
- Represent Armakuni and be able to communicate our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
What does good look like?
First and foremost you have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures. With a background in either software development or DevOps/SysAdmin, you are adept at leveraging Cloud Foundry in Platform-as-a-Service and everything-as-code environments, ensuring it is fully utilised to deliver maximum value.
From a technical perspective those who enjoy a successful career as a Cloud Foundry Engineer with Armakuni typically have a selection of the following:
- Strong working knowledge of deploying Cloud Foundry; either Open Source or PCF
- Exposure to a range of automation technologies such as CI/CD (Concourse etc.), BOSH and Terraform
- Experience deploying to cloud environments (eg. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku)
- Comfortable working with Linux and BASH, bonus points for knowledge of networking
- Experience within Agile TDD/BDD or Test First development environments
- Strong communication skills - everyone at Armakuni is client-facing
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Willingness to travel to client sites both nationally and internationally as needed
As Armakuni continue to expand their presence in the Scottish market, the Principal Consultant will work with the Armakuni Management Team to drive further growth and success. We will give you the opportunity and freedom to help shape how we engage clients and evolve our offering in this new space, alongside:
- The chance to take ownership of your career within a rapidly evolving organisation
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday
- Private BUPA healthcare