Consulting Software Engineer
Armakuni empower our clients to take ideas to production in weeks, not months. Our Consulting Software Engineers deliver cutting edge solutions which allow organisations to leverage technology and fully optimise their cloud journeys.
You share our belief in development best practice, and will be given the opportunity to further hone and develop these skills in a practical manner. We are advocates of crafting clean, well-written code using XP practices as part of a model that leans on concepts such as microservice architecture. When combined with a CI/CD culture that includes automated deployment, we work in a way that enables organisations to build, deploy and run the highest quality software, faster, with more confidence and less risk.
A day in the life:
- Your primary responsibility will be working alongside Armakuni colleagues and client engineering teams to deliver code-based solutions to a range of challenges, such as web-based applications, infrastructure-as-code and microservice architectures.
- Training and knowledge sharing with client Engineering and Development teams. You are evangelistic about development best practices, and enthused by the concept of transferring this to new teams as they enhance their capabilities further
- Mentoring client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes, ultimately helping leverage a range of tools and methodologies
- Representing Armakuni and communicating our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
What does good look like?
With a background in software development, you are passionate about development best practices, and are keen to join an organisation who share these beliefs and will enable you to develop them further whilst delivering interesting solutions to challenging problems.
From a technical perspective we find those who enjoy a successful career as a Consulting Software Engineer with Armakuni typically have:
- A proven track record of software/application development, ideally with Ruby, Golang or Java
- Experience of automated deployment using CI/CD tools
- Passion for development best practice
- A keen eye for code-quality
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Passion for growing and developing both technically and personally by tackling interesting work and challenging problems
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community; a team of like-minded experts in sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- A personalised training backlog which will enable you to learn and develop your own technical capabilities as part of a world-class technology-driven community
- The chance to take ownership of your career within a rapidly evolving organisation; forge your own path!
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday
Our focus is on enabling the flow of value through organisations, through a focus on the technology practice. Looking inwards, at a technical level, we do this by combining the practices of Software Craftsmanship, Agile/Lean, DevOps, Cloud Native architectures and infrastructures to create high quality, high velocity, sustainable engineering teams. Looking outwards, at the wider organisation, we interface with the wider business touchpoints for technology, finding the cross-organisational blockers to flow and driving technology driven solutions.
What we enjoy:
- Sharing our knowledge of cutting edge tech stacks with clients and colleagues alike to ensure the long-term benefits of cloud platforms are fully leveraged
- Extolling the virtues of Test Driven Development & Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Assisting with the development of elegant micro-service products used at extreme scale
- Delivering hands-on training that ensures our legacy remains long after we do
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it