Consulting Engineer (TDD, CI/CD, Lean/XP)
Armakuni empower our clients to take ideas to production in weeks, not months. Our Consulting Software Engineers act as change catalysts, enabling teams to leverage a variety of techniques and methodologies to fully optimise their Cloud Native journeys
Armakuni are evangelists for the potential of Cloud Native and XP, and nothing makes us happier than seeing the technical and commercial benefits they can bring fully achieved. We empower our clients to focus on value and take ideas to production in weeks, not months, enabling development teams to fully harness Cloud Native and as-a-service enablers. Our community of Consultants and Engineers are experts in transferring the knowledge and skills that lead to faster, more efficient development cycles run with less risk and lower costs.
We seamlessly integrate XP and TDD, alongside enterprise-grade, multi-cloud tooling such as Cloud Foundry to power continuous delivery pipelines. This fundamentally improves the way teams build, deploy and run software, accelerating development velocity, and reducing feedback cycles.
What we enjoy:
- Sharing our knowledge of cutting edge tech stacks with clients and colleagues alike to ensure the long-term benefits of cloud platforms are fully leveraged
- Extolling the virtues of Test Driven Development & Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Assisting with the development of elegant micro-service products used at extreme scale
- Delivering hands-on training that ensures our legacy remains long after we do
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it
A day in the life:
- Your primary responsibility is training and knowledge sharing with client Engineering and Development teams. As you’ve spent most of your career coding and discovering strategies for successful Cloud Native adoption, you are enthused by the concept of transferring this to new teams as they undertake their Cloud Native journey
- Mentoring client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes, ultimately helping leverage Cloud Native tools and methodologies
- Driving the adoption of cloud native practices through whatever method is practical given the obstacles encountered.
- Representing Armakuni and communicating our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
- Delivering training and support on world-class PaaS solutions composed of best-of-breed cloud native and CI/CD tools such as Cloud Foundry, PKS and Concourse
What does good look like?
First and foremost you will have a passion for leveraging technology to optimise processes and procedures. With a background in software development you will enjoy working alongside client Engineering teams to introduce and optimise Cloud Native tools and methodologies, ultimately enhancing their cloud journey.
From a technical perspective we find those who enjoy a successful career as a Consulting Software Engineer with Armakuni typically have:
- A proven track record of software/application development with Ruby, Golang or Java
- Experience of automating deployment using CI/CD (bonus points for Concourse)
- Experience of Pair Programming and TDD - these skills are crucial in how we engage and work alongside our clients
- The ability to relay the positives and negatives of various tools, methodologies and ideas in a clear and constructive manner
- Strong communication and consulting skills - our teams are comfortable running workshops (inceptions)/standups
- Passion for growing and developing both technically and personally by tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Ability to distill complex business requirements into simple code concepts
We offer the chance to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology-driven community; a team of like-minded experts in sharing their knowledge not just with clients but with each other. Perks include:
- The chance to take ownership of your career within a rapidly evolving organisation; forge your own path!
- Consulting environment free from sales and utilisation targets
- Weekly company-wide retros and demos
- Opportunities to visit and present at key conferences and industry events
- Regular training and informal/social knowledge sharing sessions
- Company stickers!
Of course we also make sure that you are well looked after offering highly competitive salaries plus an ever growing benefits package which currently includes:
- Annual training allowance
- BUPA Healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday